1. Where are ERP systems heading in the future? Do you agree or disagree with the trends discussed in the chapter? Explain.
2. Why do you think functional silos are not appropriate for today’s organization? Discuss your answer from organizational and technical perspectives.
3. Which ERP module(s) have you used in the past? Were there any associated benefits to the organization? Were there any drawbacks? Share your experience. If you have not used any ERP in the past, share your experience about the Blackboard system we use for course management and delivery.
4. Have you had any prior experience (even as a user) in any ERP implementations? Share your experience. What was your role? What were the tasks involved? What was the final outcome? What would you do differently? What was the role of top management? (If you had no prior experience in ERP implementation, research your possible role as a user in an ERP implementation and respond to the post question).
5. Defined and documented functional requirements are a part of the bid process. Discuss why this would be beneficial in the selection of an ERP system even if a bid is not required. Justify your answer.
6. What is knowledge transfer? How does an organization ensure that knowledge is transferred properly and to the right individuals? Share your experience in knowledge transfer, whether you were at the sending end or the receiving end. Discuss why you think it is vital to the sustainability of the system. Support your answer with examples.
7. What are some of the effective tools you may use to reduce resistance to system change and increase awareness of your ERP implementation plans? Share your experience if you have been through a computer system implementation or change before. Support your answers with examples and rationale.
8. Compare and contrast traditional outsourcing with the Software as a Service. Under what conditions do you think a company should choose SaaS over traditional outsourcing? Explain your views and discuss them with your peers.
9. Which SCM process according to you is most critical? Explain your views and discuss them with your peers.