16. Experiential Project Details
Select one of the following options as a project. The final paper should be 3-4 pages in length (750-1,000 words), typed, double-spaced, Times font, size 12 with one-inch margins. (Please use a regular type face, not BOLD.) Please type your first and last name in the upper right hand corner. Please proofread your papers carefully for spelling and grammar. Turn in the paper to turnitin.com through Moodle. See the Moodle site for details about turning in your paper. Late papers will only be accepted under emergency circumstances at the instructor’s discretion and will be given a minimum 10% penalty.
1. Experiential Review: Attend an event (gallery opening, museum, musical performance, etc.) that has some degree of both visual and musical representation. Discuss the function of both the visual and musical aspects of the event, the correlations between the two, their successes and failures (if so), etc.
2. Artist Interview: Interview an artist who is involved in both visual and musical endeavors. Possible interview topics could include: the artist’s perspective of his or her role in both the visual and musical arts, what is the artist’s training, how the musical and visual aspects of the artist’s work interrelate, how the artist sees the fine and performing arts culture developing, influences, etc. Be prepared for the interview by developing a set of questions to ask the interviewee.
3. Biographical Study: As a musician or visual artist, have you produced work that involves another genre of art either through influence, collaboration, or some other means? Document the process, results, and challenges faced throughout the course of the project.
4. Other: If you have an idea for another project, please email me with a brief proposal for my approval.
P.S. If you guys do an awesome job with this, I’ll use you for ALL my papers!