B. REACTION PAPERS (2 x 15
Write and turn in two reaction papers, on the readings or in-class content. Reactions are
required, not just summaries of the material. These assignments should be a maximum
of two double-spaced pages in length and follow APA format. These assignments
assess outcomes #1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. The following questions should be addressed:
(1) Fact: What does the reading say to you?
(2) Congruence: How does the reading fit with your beliefs, feelings, and values?
(3) Meaning/Response: What does the reading mean to you? What is important
message in this reading to you as a professional social worker?
(4) Concretizing: Give concrete examples or how the ideas or principles might be
applied in a social work context.
(5) Format: Clarity, organization, structure.