All coursework will inform this assignment so I included all assignments graded except for 6 and 7. They are not graded yet and may need more editing before using them in this Benchmark Assignment. Here is what needs to be organized into the assignment using the files below and pulling it all together with some extra writing and organizing:
Assessment: Portfolio created in Microsoft Word that focuses on the group of students in your program of study. Consider all you have learned throughout this course and the interaction you have had with classmates and include the following:
Table of Contents
Section title pages
1. “My Philosophy of Classroom Management” – Write a 2-3-paragraph description of the culture you will promote in your classroom. Include broad expectations of the teacher and the students.
2. “Classroom Procedures” –Include five from the “Procedures” assignment.
3. “Rules, Consequences, and Reward System” – Include a rationale for your system.
4. “Communication with Parents/Guardians” – Identify at least three ways you will communicate with parents and include a rationale for each.
5. “Student Engagement Strategies” – Summarize three ways to keep your students engaged. Include drawings of classroom arrangements and how you would implement the drawings in your future classroom.
6. “Professionalism” – Summarize ten ways of being professional with students, parents, co-workers, and administrators. Also, include your areas of strength, an area for improvement, and why professionalism is important.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.