BUSINESS ARTICLE ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
For this assignment you will find current news articles that relates to Macroeconomics. Macroeconomic issues and policy frequently change, so the articles cannot be over 4 years old. YOU MUST TURN IN EACH SUMMARY SEPARATE (4) IN TOTAL.
(1) Business Article on GDP
(1) Business Article on Business Cycles
(1) Business Article on Fiscal Policy
- 1.Read the article
- 2.Write a 1 page summary on each article. In your summary you should include an explanation of how the article relates to our chapter readings for that week. Where appropriate, feel free to express your opinion regarding the subject.
- 3.Use double spacing with Arial, Calibri, or Times New Roman 12 font. Include your name, course number, and assignment information in the top left hand corner of the document. The name of the author, article, publication, and published date should be listed below your name and course information. If you found the article online also include the web address and date you accessed the article. For example:
Rines, S. (2013, Jun 28). Monthly economic data aren’t reliable. Wall Street Journal. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/1372022351?accountid=13714
Assignments that do not include this information will not be accepted for credit.
Below is a list of suggested publications and think tanks for finding articles:
- –Business Week – www.businessweek.com
- –Fortune Magazine – http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/
- –Entrepreneur.com – http://www.entrepreneur.com/
- –Forbes – www.forbes.com
- –The Wall Street Journal – http://online.wsj.com/public/us
- –Money Magazine – http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/
- –Atlanta Journal Constitution – http://ajc.com
–The Economist – http://www.economist.com/
- – Center for American Progress – http://www.americanprogress.org/ (Progressive Think Tank)
- – Cato Institute – http://www.cato.org/ (Libertarian Think Tank)
- – The Heritage Foundation – http://www.heritage.org/ (Conservative Think Tank)