Clearly outline the elements of gross negligence manslaughter. Use relevant case law to illustrate your points.
Answer the following questions. Ensure that you clearly indicate which question you are answering. All questions carry equal marks
1) Clearly outline the elements of gross negligence manslaughter. Use relevant case law to illustrate your points.
2) Identify and discuss the difficulties of imposing liability for gross negligence manslaughter on corporations. Explain how this varies according to the size of the corporation using the R v P & O European Ferries case.
3) Outline the key provisions of the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act (CMCHA) 2007 and highlight the features of the offence that differentiate it from gross negligence manslaughter.
Complete reference list which MUST conform to the Harvard System of Referencing must be included at the end of your assignment.
Assignment Learning Outcomes
1. Understand the principles, doctrines and concepts that underpin the law
2. Gain enhanced appreciation of how English legal system operates
Marking and Grading Criteria: Students are encouraged to read and understand the overall marking criteria to be used in determining performance levels. The document is provided on blackboard within the assessment folder and at the end of the module handbook.