Describe and discuss the accuracy and the weaknesses of the human senses as they pertain to thinking in general and to your own thinking in particular.
Can you really trust your senses and the interpretation of sensory data to give you an accurate view of the world? Describe and discuss the accuracy and the weaknesses of the human senses as they pertain to thinking in general and to your own thinking in particular.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Provide at least three (3) reasons for believing in the accuracy or inaccuracy of sensory information.
2. Identify and describe at least three (3) factors contributing to the accuracy of sensory data.
3. Discuss the role of memory with regard to the interpretation and evaluation of sensory data.
4. Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Your textbook may count as one (1) source. At least one (1) of your sources must be obtained from the collection of databases accessible from the Learning Resources Center Web page.
Your assignment must:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Develop skills for overcoming barriers which limit objective and productive critical thinking.
• Create written work utilizing the concepts of critical thinking.
• Demonstrate adherence to academic integrity policy and APA Style guidelines for academic citations.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in critical thinking skills and informal logic.
• Write clearly and concisely about issues in critical thinking using proper writing mechanics.