Learning objectives for this assignment:
• Develop communication skills, including the ability to present quantitative and qualitative information, together with analysis and commentary, including oral as well as written presentation skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to critically evaluate concepts.
• Demonstrate the ability to synthesise information and ideas through the analysis of articles, case studies and artefacts.
• Link academic and abstract thinking with practical problem solving and applications, and to recognise where their individual knowledge and skills may be relevant to solving a new problem.
• Develop the capacity for independent and self‐managed learning.
• Display critical analysis and problem‐solving skills appropriate to level 5.
Consider yourself as a design‐thinker inside a firm. You are trying to get the senior managers of the firm (approximately 500 employees) to bring design to the forefront of the firm’s product development and innovation strategy. Write a report for the senior managers’ meeting of no more than 1000 words that summarises the key concepts and offers some options for how the firm can implement a new design‐led approach.