For this final SLP you will be looking closely at the control function of management within your organization. All organizations have numerous methods of control, but think carefully about what control mechanisms are most vital for your organization’s success. Then write a 2- to 3-page paper answering the following question:
· What control mechanisms at your organization are (or should be) the most useful or important for the success of your organization?
Focus in particular on the core technologies of the organization as applied to the control function of management. You can discuss control efforts and strategies already utilized by your company, and/or make recommendations that you believe would be useful for your organization to consider.
Begin your essay with a thesis statement in the introductory paragraph that identifies what you consider to be the key organizational control efforts that are (or would be) important to the success of your organization, and then develop a persuasive essay to support your thesis.
Remember to use background readings to support your key arguments and to cite and reference your sources. Your goal is to convince your professor, who will require some well-reasoned and well-supported arguments. Actual examples of control and accountability systems in action and how they work in your organization will also help to add support to your arguments, but you need to go beyond just being descriptive and provide some convincing arguments in favor of your position.
SLP Assignment Expectations
· Answer the assignment questions directly and provide clear arguments in favor of your answer.
· Stay focused on the precise assignment questions; don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background material.
· List supporting references and cite sources in proper format, including in-text citations.
· Use appropriate writing style in essay form (organization, grammar, and spelling).
· Review Trident’s “Writing Style Guide” for more detail on referencing and writing expectations. This guide is found under “My Resources” in the TLC portal.