GB570 UNIT 1,2,3,4,5 ASSIGNMENT
Gb570 unit 1 assignment
The Value Chain in Your Life
Write a (minimum two but no more than three pages) paper (not including title and reference pages) describing the value chain in your life. There is an already APA formattedtemplate in Doc Sharingfor you to use as your starting point for this assignment.
If you use references in your paper to support your content, be sure to apply the APA in-text reference citation format. Any item listed on the References page must also be applied and cited within the paper. If you use verbatim quotes, put them within quotation marks, cite the reference and include a page number.
This assignment is an opportunity for you to relate what you learned about the value chain in Unit 1 to your own life. For example, one element of a value chain is the focus on competitive advantage, so you might wish to elaborate on this aspect.
Gb570 unit 2 assignment
Target Corporation’s Supply Chain
The purpose of this assignment is to confirm understanding of a supply chain and its relationship to the demand chain by analyzing Target Corporation’s supply chain and assessing if it meets demand chain expectations.
- Use the APA formatted Microsoft Word document template in Doc Sharing as the starting point.
- Write a 5-6 pages paper (exclusive of the Title and References pages) describing Target Corporation’s Supply Chain based upon the information in Chapters 6 and 7 of the Walters and Rainbird (2007 textbook (especially Figure 6.2 on page 155) and from additional resources from the Unit 2 reading materials.
- Include an assessment of the efficiency of Target’s supply chain and whether the Supply Chain supports its Demand Chain.
- Apply and citeat leastthree supportive, relevant and respected resources within your paper using APA in-text citation formatting and list the applied on a References page using APA formatting.
- Submit your Microsoft Word document into the Unit 2 Dropbox.
Gb570 Unit 3 Assignment
Value Chain as Competitive Advantage
GB570 UNIT 4 INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT
Value Chain Analysis
The main purpose of this assignment is to identify and analyze elements of the value chain and understand how they must interact to create value for the organization. The intent is to review the present, or relatively recent value chain of the company selected in the Unit 2 Value Chain Analysis Discussion. Use the Walters and Rainbird (2007) text and at least FIVE additional relevant respected resources to support the value chain analysis. Use the APA formatted MS Word document template as the starting point for writing a 10-12 page paper (not including Title or References pages).
Please see the project directions below.
Submit your completed Value Chain Analysis into the Unit 4 Dropbox.
VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS
The main purpose of this assignment is to identify and analyze elements of the value chain and understand how they must interact to create value for the organization. The intent is to review the present, or relatively recent value chain of the company selected in the Unit 2 Value Chain Analysis Discussion. Use the Walters and Rainbird (2007) text and at least five additional relevant respected resources to support the value chain analysis. Use the APA formatted MS Word document template as the starting point for writing a 10-12 page paper (not including Title or References pages).
Customer-focused companies benefit from analyzing their value chain as the process allows them to understand customer expectations, purchasing responses, product-service use, and accept that they are unlikely themselves to posses all of the resources to service customer needs.
When conducting a value chain analysis, customers and their characteristics are studied, and their needs and wants, identified. These expectations form the basis for the demand chain. A supply chain design must be cost effective and respond to the expectations of the demand chain and the value proposition. Together, the demand chain and supply chain process and management comprise the value chain.
The following outline is based upon Figure 1.1 on page 19 of the Walters and Rainbird (2007) text. This outline is also included in the APA formatted Microsoft Word template in Doc Sharing.
Value Chain Analysis
A. Demand Chain Analysis
1. Identification of customer, market, wants and needs
2. Market Opportunity Analysis
3. Identification and Analysis of Value Drivers
B. Value Proposition
1. Value Proposition as related to Demand Chain
2. Value Proposition as related to Supply Chain
C. Supply Chain Analysis
1. Value Production and Coordination
2. Value Delivery
3. Value Servicing
D. Enterprise Value
1. Industry Drivers
2. Competitive Advantage
3. Customer Delight