In this assignment, you will choose one of the health problems that we have covered in class that you are dealing with or may be at-risk for (by virtue of family history or other risk factors). Also choose a related negative health behavior that you would like to change in yourself or a positive health behavior that you don’t currently practice but would like to adopt in order to prevent or reduce the risk for that health problem.
**Use Anxiety as the health problem i am dealing with.**
A paragraph should consist of 5-7 sentences each.
(1) Give a description of the health problem. (10 pts.)
a. Provide background information on the signs/symptoms and risk factors. You must cite your sources.
b. Explain the reasons why you feel that you are at particular risk for the health problem (5 Determinants of Health- biological, psychological, environmental, genetic, and social factors).
(2) Discuss what behavior you intend to change or adopt in response to the health problem. (10 pts.)
a. Explain why you have chosen this behavior.
b. Which stage of the Stages of Change Theory are you in for this behavior? Explain.
c. Describe the Predisposing, Enabling, and Reinforcing factors associated with this behavior change.
(3) Develop an individualized plan to change the negative behavior or adopt the positive behavior that will reduce your risk for the health problem. (10 pts.)
a. Describe your plan.
b. Describe the barriers that you anticipate may hinder your behavior change. How do you plan to deal with them?
c. What types of “consequences” and reward systems can you put in place for yourself to help you stick to your behavior change plan?
d. What types of social support can you enlist to help you in sustaining your change?
(4) Provide a sample weekly schedule that shows how you will incorporate your behavior change activities into your lifestyle. (5 pts.)
(5) Do you have a friend or family member that is dealing with or at risk for the same health problem? Think of ways that you can share your individualized plan with them or help them to develop their own. (This does not need to be in-depth. A few sentences will do.) (5 pts.)
(6) Describe the ways in which this course has helped you to understand the connections between behavior, health, and disease. (10 pts.)
References must be included using APA format.