In this week’s journaling, you will continue the process of summarizing key concepts as they apply to
you. This week you will have the opportunity to use any organization you are familiar with to apply
the concepts. This organization can be (1) your work, (2) an organization you participate in, as part
of your personal life, or (3) an organization for which you are interested in getting a better
understanding. Your entry should be at least 450 to 500 words.
This week use your journaling as you read each of the articles to do the following:
1. Identify and describe the organization you will be applying to your reading concepts this week.
Remember, this organization can be (1) your work, (2) an organization you participate in, as
part of your personal life, or (3) an organization for which you are interested in getting a
2. Identify at least four stakeholders and as you identify them and describe why each is an
3. Describe the social responsibility and/or sustainability (environmental, social or economic- also
known as the triple bottom line) issues that apply and the stakeholders to whom these issues
4. Reflect on this situation and identify two potential right versus right and right versus wrong
scenarios that might emerge if you were leading this organization.
Unit 2 assignment
Please use APA guidelines to prepare this case study. Include a cover and reference sheet. Your
paper should be between 5-7 pages excluding the cover and reference pages. Also include an
introduction and conclusion. Submit your paper via the Unit 2 Assignment Dropbox.
Read the case on the global corporation, IKEA, after you have completed the reading for the week.
Answer the following questions for the case:
1. Who are the stakeholders in this case? What are their values or rights? Are there any
competing interests between stakeholders? Remember to include the shareholder as one of
2. What are the national and global laws you need to consider for this case and how do they
3. What are the areas of social responsibility or sustainability (environmental, social or economic)
that apply to this case and how do they apply?
4. Identify the decision you would make and why you would make it considering: Global versus
national values, stakeholder rights and values, national and global laws, economic and
shareholder rights and values, and social responsibility issues in this case.