Mini-Project: Developing Interview Questions and a Protocol
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the mini-project description in the Application area for this week. The main task for this week is to interview 3 people from this class using this prompt: “Describe for me someone you admire, either a historical figure or someone alive today. Explain why you selected this person and why you admire this person.”
- Review the readings and video segments for this week. In the video segments, pay attention to the questions being asked and the order in which they are presented. Consider how much useful data the questions generate.
- Formulate a research question upon which to base the interviews.
- Develop some interview questions and an interviewing protocol.
Post by Day 4, your research question, interview questions, and interview protocol for the mini-project. Justify the questions and their order, and explain what you hope to gain from this technique.
When appropriate, be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the reading(s) and/or video program(s) and use APA format.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
Respond by Day 6 to at least two of your colleagues’ postings by critiquing their research question, interview questions, and protocol in order to help them strengthen their interviews. In addition, you may also respond to your colleagues’ postings in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question.
- Share an insight from having read your colleague’s posting.
- Offer and support an opinion.
- Validate an idea with your own experience.
- Make a suggestion.