Research Article Review
Academic research on consumer behaviour has been an important driving force behind business decisions in the real world. In this assessment task, you as a “consumer
behaviour expert” will provide your systematic review of a research article on consumer behaviour.
• Mochon, D 2013, ‘Single-option aversion’, Journal Of Consumer Research, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 555-566.
Your task is to write a review for this research article. The review should follow the subsequent structure:
• Title page;
• Table of contents;
• The research problem and objectives;
• Overview of theories and hypotheses;
• Overview of studies and findings;
• Theoretical contributions (how is consumer behaviour theory extended?)
• Managerial implications (how could an organisation benefit from applying the research findings? Analysis in this section should be based on the example of a
• Reference list.
When reviewing the article, you are not required to understand or explain the statistics reported by the authors. Instead, you should focus on the verbal descriptions
of the theories, studies, findings, implications, etc.
This review should be written so that a general audience, like your best friend or your mom/dad, could understand what the research article was about. This means that
you should write this fluidly, rather than as a series of bullet points. Try to make it as fun and readable as possible.
Assessment Criteria – 50%
Review structure, presentation, writing style, referencing 5
The research problem and objectives 5
Overview of theories and hypotheses 10
Overview of studies and findings 10
Theoretical contributions 10
Managerial implications 10