Question: You are asked to provide a textual analysis of two texts.
Part A will consist of a textual analysis of an advertisement you have found yourself. The advertisement should be primarily image-based and must be attached to your completed assignment. Part A is worth 10% and should be between 600-700 words. (Must be something Australian)
Part B will consist of a textual analysis of the image provided for you at Week Four’s lecture. Part B is worth 10% and should be between 400-500 words.
Each part should be answered separately.
In providing an analysis of these texts you should address the following criteria:
• Discuss how the audience makes meaning of the text(s) (with reference to the processes of signification and address.)
• Discuss any authorial choices in the text(s) (with reference to concepts like anchorage, metaphor, metonymy and encoded reading paths.)
• Briefly outline the context these texts appear in – does this alter how the texts are read and/or constructed?
• Briefly outline any ideologies or intertexts that may inform these texts.
• You may also want to mention the way the text(s) contribute to the public sphere (with reference to concepts like discourse, hegemony or pluralism.)