Please first provide the abstract and company profile. It needs only one paragraph. It needs to be a U.S. company. Basicly the task is to persuade a local business to help the community. If the abstract and company profile is well done, we will continue to work together to figure out the following task.
Abstract & Company Profile: Hard copy turned in during lab March 6 (Week 7)
Draft 1: Two peer reviewed drafts are dueinlab March27 (Week 10)
Draft 2: Hard copy turned in during lab March 3 (Week 11)
Final: Submitted electronically to SafeAssign and a hard copy turned in during lab May 1 (Week 15)
Presentation: In lab April 24, May 1, or May 6 (Week 14, 15, or 16). *Your presentation date will be assigned later in the semester.
Points: Abstract& Company Profile:Must complete in order to possibly receive full credit on the final.You will receive a penalty on your finalassignment grade if you do not complete these incremental assignments; however, there will be no points awarded for the completion of these assignments.
Drafts 1 & 2:Must complete in order to possibly receive full credit on the final.You will receive a penalty on your finalassignment grade if you do not complete these incremental assignments; however, there will be no points awarded for the completion of these assignments.
Presentation: 50 points
Objective: To develop research and persuasive writing skills; to demonstrate 300-level writing
Purpose: To analyze, inform, and persuade
Format: Memo (see Blackboard for sample)
SafeAssign: A SafeAssign submission is required for the Final only; failure to submit to SafeAssign by the start of lab will result in the assignment being considered late and marked with a zero, even if a hard copy is submitted on time during lab.
Hard Copy: A hard copy submission is required for both Drafts 1 & 2 and the Final. The hard copy submission that is due for the Final must be turned in at the start of lab on the due date; failure to submit by the start of lab will result in the assignment being considered late and marked with a zero, even if the SafeAssign version was submitted on time.
Grading Criteria: See rubrics posted to Blackboard.
Honor Code: All instances of plagiarism—intentional or unintentional—will result in a report sent to the University Honor Committee and a recommendation of a zero for the assignment, and possibly the course; all work must be original to this semester.
The ability to persuade is an important skill you will need in the business world. Persuasion is particularly important for any business or organization that sells goods or services. The effectiveness of a persuasive argument depends largely on the reasonableness of the idea and the credibility of your research.
Corporate Social Responsibility
While various businesses may define Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in different ways, a generally agreed upon definition is that CSR is the act of conducting business in a way that considers the welfare of society. On a micro-level, CSR allows a business to contribute to the wellness of the community in which it resides. This could include donation of services or goods, partnership with a charitable organization, adjustment of policies out of concern for the local environment, and implementation of procedures that create an ethically aware workforce. Being active in the local community has the potential to greatly benefit the reputation of a company if the practice is implemented properly. However, involvement with a controversial issue or group may severely harm the company.In a weak economy, CSR is still important, though companies will likely prefer low and no cost CSR programs.
The website http://www.csrwire.com/ may be useful in providing you with additional information on CSR.
Assume you work for a company of your choice.As an employee of your selected company, you have been tasked with proposing a new low or no cost CSR program. This must be a new program at the company.
You have been told this program needs to address an issue occurring in the local areaand have a logical connection to your company.
You need to justify why this issue is worthy of the company’s involvement, show how this issue has a logical connection to your company, and thoroughly explain how the program will operate and be implemented.
Memo Abstract& Company Profile
In one paragraph, inform your lab professor of the following:
- Your selected company (choose the company headquarters)
- A community issue that is logically connected to the company’s product, service, or mission (make sure the community issue is local to the company’s headquarters)
- Your proposed program and what makes it low or no cost
This deliverable exists to encourage you to start the assignment early in the semester. You may change your topic later if need be; however, make sure to share any topic changes with your professor.
Identify what company you have selected, including (using bullet form for this portion is appropriate):
- Company’s website (include URL)
- Company’s mission statement
- What the company does exactly
- Where the company is located
- Does the company offer any similar programs to the one you are proposing, and if so, what?
- The name of the person(s) in charge of any CSR programs at the company
- Any other relevant information (e.g., are they publicly or privately held, etc.)
Memo Drafts 1 & 2
So that you will receive feedback on your paper during the writing process, the Memo Draftsare required of all students.
This draft should be at least the first three paragraphs of your paper (introduction and first two body paragraphs); however, the more you offer at this stage, the more feedback you will be able to receive. To make sure you are on the right track this draft will be reviewed by your peers.
As mentioned above, twopeer reviewed drafts are due in lab the week of March 24 (Week 10)—meaning, you will have exchanged your first drafts with classmates the week before in order to have the peer reviewed drafts completed for lab Week 10.
This should be a substantialand revised draft; be sure to address the comments from the peer reviews on Draft 1. Although you are encouraged to use memo format and incorporate research at this stage, you will not be graded on format or research for this draft.Again, the more you offer at this stage, the more feedback you will receive.
This is an opportunity for your lab professor to ensure you are on the right track and to offer you feedback and recommendations.This Memo Draft 2 should be a polished draft; do not ask your lab professor to read and respond to a draft that has not been proofread and edited at least twice.
One hard copyis required on the Memo Draft 2 due date. If you fail to bring one copy, you will not receive credit for the Memo Draft 2.
You will need to justify why this issue is worthy of the company’s involvement, show how this issue has a logical connection to your company, and thoroughly explain how the program will operate and be implemented. A logical approach to this assignment is to devote approximately a third of your paper content to each of these areas:
1) Community issue
2) Connection to company
3) Program specifics
- Select a company’s headquarters.
- Select anissue local to the company’s location (headquarters) that will logically connect to your chosen organization in some way.
- Find the name of the person(s) responsible for CSR policies at your chosen organization. This is your memo audience/recipient. NOTE: Consider this information common knowledge; there is no need to cite it.
- Describe the proposed CSR program.
- How will the program operate?
- How will the program be implemented?
- What will make it low or no cost?
- How will the program address the community issue?
- How will the program benefit the company?
- Use standard business memo format (refer to format sample on Blackboard).
- Include a strong opening that grabs the reader’s attention and states the purpose of the memo, as well as a closing paragraph with an action statement that clearly identifies logical next steps in the process.
- Use first person sparingly. This memo is not about you.
- Meet the page requirement of 2.5-3 single-spaced typed pages; the required reference list does not count toward this page length requirement.
- Include headings and structure throughout the memo to create a logical flow and make your document easy for a skimmer to scan the document.
- Find at least four sources that will provide support or data for your proposal. Your textbook, class materials, and the selected company’s website do not count toward the required sources. However, these would still need to be cited if you use any of these as additional research.
- Cite sources in the actual memo (signal phrases and internal citations) and include a reference list in APA format. It must be clear where your research begins and ends. Please review the “citation sandwich” slide posted on Blackboard.
Persuasive Memo Presentation
See separate directions and rubric posted to Blackboard.
Please contact me at [email protected]. I run the same business as essay shark.com but I can provide more lucrative payment. Provide with me your resume, specifying your educational background and contact information. Also, please provide several written samples and specify your name on essayshark.com. Thank you. And looking forward to hearing from you.