For the Final Project, you provide an in-depth analysis of victimization. Select a crime that has been publicized in the media and contains one main victim to use for your Final Project. You apply the concepts studied throughout this course to provide the in-depth analysis of the victimization in the crime.
Final Project Guidelines
Assignment Length: 10–12 pages (not including title page and references)
Your Final Project must include the following elements:
• Describe the type of crime.
• Describe the victim.
• Explain factors related to social class, gender, ethnicity, and race of the victim that might have played a role in the vulnerability of the victim.
• Explain factors related to social class, gender, ethnicity, and race that might have played a role in the type of crime committed against the victim.
• Explain how the victim’s experiences in the criminal justice system might vary based on the social class, gender, ethnicity, and race of the victim.
• Explain the victim/offender relationship (if any).
• Explain how the relationship between the victim and offender may have influenced the type of crime, the location of the crime, and the type of weapon used.