Villa Construction (Project Management)
You have to respect the working guidelines given below and the submission date.
Working Guidelines for Project
A. Project Structure:
It is recommended that your project report have the following structure in the order provided here.
1. Title page
The students’ details should be filled in the cover letter provided.
2. Abstract / Executive Summary
The Abstract consists of the project title and about half a page concise summary containing the scope and results of your study.
3. Table of Contents
Table of contents should contain titles and page numbers for the main sections and subsections of your report. The table of contents should also include entries for any appendices in your report.
4. Report Body
This is the central and main part of the project which contains the actual work done during the project. The main requirement is that you need to structure the report so that it is clear and structured in a way that makes sense. Grammar and spellings count.
The project’s conclusions should list the things which have been learnt as a result of the work you have done.
You are responsible for appropriately citing material and methods that you use. Give references for the data collected from a text book, a magazine or a website identifying its sources while using the appropriate form. In the references section, references should be in a numbered list, ordered alphabetically by the last name of the first author.
- Choose a project idea or theme.
- Explain the project idea and its objective (project goal or output).
- Define and list the different activities of the project (10 activities at least).
- Define the dependency between the project activities and choose duration for each activity.
- Draw the project network diagram (A-O-N method).
- List the critical path(s) in the project and the project duration.
- Compute the slack time for the project.
– Concerning question one; Students are free to decide their own project idea or choose from the 4 proposed project ideas.
– More questions will be added as more units will be covered.
– Project: Construction of a villa.
– Objective: Construct a Villa ready for use.
– What will be delivered and when: a villa with 4 bedrooms, one living room, kitchen and 3 bath rooms, swimming pool, garage and a garden. The project should be delivered in 3 months.
– Success Criteria: The villa should have all the elements described above, the villa should be kids friendly, and the villa should fit an area where it snows often.
– General description of the project activities: The project can be divided into 4 categories. The 4 categories are: preparing the ground (some of the activities are: cleaning the ground, adjusting the ground level, making the place of the swimming pool), construction of the walls (making the structure, buying materials), constructing the roof (consulting the engineer), making the ac and water installations.
Notethat other activities (in each category) should be added to complete the project.
– A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®Guide), 1996, Project
Management Institute, Newtown Square, PA.
– Goldratt, Eliyahu M., Critical Chain, 1997, The North River Press, Great Barrington, MA.