Visual Arts and Film Studies The Film Critique
The Film Critique
Due Date: Friday May 16 in Room BC-47 at 7PM (Traditional classroom)
Discuss and debate the quality of today’s current trends in film.
In the HYBRID MODE students will attend theatres to view and critique contemporary cinema. (You can also view at home on DVD or Netflix)
· Discussions through electronic correspondence.
· Student will attend movies of their choice and/or Professor will recommend contemporary films to see in the months of February through April.
· Films will be viewed and noted for the following:
· Who is in the audience?
· Age groups, what time of day or night is screening?
· Keep a movie log.
· Was theatre crowded or light attendance.
· How did this film do critically and financially at the box-office?
· Marketing and Advertising via posters, lobby advertising or theatrical previews
· Did you personally enjoy or hate the film
· Did you go alone or with friends or family?
· The Genre of the movie
· Acting quality
· Writing quality (Story quality)
· Visual and audio quality in the theatre screening room
· Musical score: too little too much, or just right?
· The Editing style and pacing of the film
· What convinced you to see this film?
· Movie Poster?
· Title/ Advertising Campaign?
· Director? Actor/Actress?