In this activity, you will find one new website and one new article that are relevant to your documentary film and evaluate them using the five CRAAP criteria elements: currency, relevancy, authority, accuracy, and purpose. You will send your instructor the citations for your two new sources and a brief summary of what you learned about the reliability of the sources after doing the CRAAP evaluation (200-250 words).
Complete these steps:
1. Locate one new website using Google, and one new article, using Academic Search Premier. There is a link to this database on your UF 100 subject guide: http://guides.boisestate.edu/uf100
2. Familiarize yourself with the contents of each source.
3. Evaluate the website and the article using the five CRAAP criteria elements (see second page of assignment).
4. Think about what you have learned about the reliability of sources.
5. In 200-250 words total, explain what you discovered about the reliability of the new website and the new article.
6. Cite the new website and the new article in MLA format. (The UF 100 subject guide can help you with this.)
7. Bring your citations for these two resources and your 200-250 word explanation about their reliability to plenary on Oct 3 for attendance points.