William Blake: Poet of Jerusalem
Answer Section A and ONEquestion from Section B
1. Discuss the interplay between the images and text in the following plates, noting any variants of the different versions of the plates (different versions available at www.blakearchive.org):
2. What is the function of the Four Zoas in Blake’s later poetry.
3. Discuss the role of Neo-Platonism in the earlier poetry of William Blake.
4. In what ways and to what extent are the designs integral to our understanding of Blake’s poetry?
5. In what ways and to what extent are myth and history linked in the Lambeth Cycle?
6. What evidence, if any, is there in his poetry that William Blake was a Christian?