WK 2 Discussion: Guidelines on Screening Procedures
The goal of health promotion and education is to help prevent disease in patients. However, this is not always successful, and disease it not always preventable. With disease, early detection is ideal, often making screening procedures a routine part of clinical care. Unfortunately, many patients do not utilize these health services. This can be attributed to lack of awareness or access to care, financial concerns, or even levels of comfort with health care providers. In your role as the advanced practice nurse, you must be aware of potential obstacles for patients and implement strategies to ensure patients receive necessary screenings. Although a variety of screening procedures are recommended for women at various stages of life, not all screenings are appropriate for all patients. Understanding the strengths and limitations of each screening, as well as current guidelines for use is essential to effectively facilitate patient care.
To prepare: NO PLAGIARISM
DUE WEDNESDAY 6TH OF SEPT AT LEAST BEFORE 3PM.
- ( 1.)Research guidelines on screening procedures for the topic assigned to you by the course Instructor (e.g., guidelines on screening for pap smear. )
- (2. )Reflect on strengths and limitations of the screening guidelines.
- (3) Consider how the guidelines might support your clinical decision making.
- ADDRESS THE 3 HEADING ABOVE 1 TO 3.
- REMEMBER; NO PLAGIARISM
- APA FORMAT
- SCHOLARLY WRITTEN ARTICLE
- REFERENCES/SOURCES WITHIN 5 YEARS.
- REFERENCES DONE IN APA FORMAT PLEASE.
- NOTE: If u can not deliver by Wednesday, please tell me to day.