World History II
Please type the answers to the questions you’ve selected upload a copy to the assignment on VSpace and TurnItIn by classtime
on Wednesday, 26 March.
Late exams will lose one letter grade for every day they are late.
Spelling and grammar count, so please read over your papers before you turn them in.
Short Answer (50 points)
Answer 10 of the following (5 points each) in one to three complete sentences.
Do up to 2 more for up to 10 points extra credit.
1. What historical artifacts did Napoleon survey and collect while in Egypt?
2. What was the intent of the Quadruple Alliance and what countries were involved?
3. Define 19th Century Nationalism.
4. Define 19th Century Liberalism.
5. Define 19 Century Conservatism.
6. Explain the laissez-faire economic policy.
7. Explain Utopianism.
8. What group does Marx find to be the most important and why?
9. For what is Otto Von Bismarck remembered?
10. Why was the dual monarchy of Austria-Hungary set up?
11. What did Charles Darwin’s On the Origin of Species discuss and what was the public reaction?
12. What groups of immigrants came to America in the 1880s and why?
13. Explain the idea of the separate spheres.
14. Explain Social Darwinism.
15. Why did suburban areas begin to be built and what advances allowed this?
Essays (50 points)
Pick two questions (25 points each) to answer in one to two typed pages, each.
(double-spaced, 12-point font).
1. Discuss the changes Napoleon made to France under the Consulship and as Emperor.
2. Explain the course of the Industrial Revolution in England.
3. Explain the course of German Unification.
4. Explain the idea of imperialism, and give examples from at least one country’s attempts at it.
5. Discuss the changes in women’s lives at the end of the 19th century.