Legal Studies 161
The Judge Dee Paper
Due March 13 in class
3-5 dpub;e-spaced pages. Leave at least 1” margins an use at least 12 point font. Save a copy for your files.
- Crossing the reality stream, assume that one of the female characters in the book is a blogger. Write a few entries describing what she thinks happens in the book. The book chronicles Dee’s tale of triumph. Would your female character see it that way?
- Tao, the graveyard undertaker, teaches us several lessons in the book. What are they?
- If Judge Dee’s spirit were reborn in San Jose, California in 1994, where would he fit in society? Would you want to be his friend?
- Please never assign this book again. The reasons that I say that are…..
- In the Interlude (113 in my copy of the book) a conversation takes place between three people. What is it trying to tell us? What do you think?
If there is a different topic that interests you, just let me know. Remember that I do not want a summary of the book, I want you to put some of your own thoughts into it.