Using the book: Robbins, S.P., & Judge, T.A., 2012, Essentials of Organizational Behavior, 11th Edition, Pearson Education, Inc., Prentice Hall, One Lake Street, Upper Saddle River, ISBN 978-0-13-254530-3
In an eight page paper (not including the title and reference pages), research teams and groups in organizations. Your paper must be in narrative form and address each of the following:
1. Interview and discuss the items below with a team leader in the organization you currently work for. Research an example in the University Library if you do not have access to a team leader in an organization.
a. How do you determine the size of the team?
b. What types of team conflict occur? How do you resolve conflict?
c. Does it take longer to complete tasks in a team environment?
d. Do you have “resisters” to teamwork? If so, how do you manage that?
e. Do you look at teams as a more efficient way of doing work?
2. Identify a challenge facing organizational leadership (in your selected organization) and describe the group behavior that could aid in meeting that challenge.
3. Describe a change occurring in your organization and explain how you would manage the change process. Be sure to apply concepts from Chapter 16 of your textbook.
4. Determine which tasks should be handled by groups and which should be handled by individuals. Provide a rationale.
You must use at least five scholarly sources; use at least one from the Ashford University Library, in addition to the textbook. You must format your paper according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least five scholarly sources, document all sources in APA style,.
7. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style